Friday, August 10, 2012

Tête-à-tête with Supriya


Hailing from Palampur, the tea capital of North India, Supriya Kaur Dhaliwal is currently pursuing her studies in medical stream. Supriya is also a published poetess and an aspiring writer. I heartily thank her for being the first one to agree for the interview. Following up is my conversation with her.

How does a typical day in the life of Supriya pass?

Supriya: Well. My day starts late usually! Probably few hours after the dawn, I wake up! This is just because I am more of a nocturnal creature and prefer to work late at night. As I have my classes in the evening time, in the day I have sufficient time for all my activities of daily routine including studies, writing, and reading. Not a single day in my life passes without writing something deep and insightful. This may sound eccentric but without penning down my words, I start feeling exasperated. Meanwhile, I love to spend time with my friends and elders too.



Have you ever missed on your daily routine of writing?

Supriya: I don't think so! Even if I don't have a pen and paper in my hand, my cell phone is enough. Once I start creating a note on my phone, sometimes, it seems like my fingers are moving naturally.


Well, you mentioned spending time with elders. It's an activity many youths neglect. Your comments?

Supriya: In my point of view, I don't think that's true because, see, the entire scenario of this world has changed. And I guess this is the way the world works! I don't agree with the thought that the youth of 21st century is spoiled. It's just that the modern world is something I'd say – 'material-istic'. Modern generation is loosely bound on real life people though they try to appear real.



Try to? If a digital saint were to point, they would be real or un-real. Where do we stand?

Supriya: Obviously un-real! Because the saint doesn't appear practically in real world! To call that saint real would be just like spotting an iceberg in Rajasthan!


What is that ultimate thing you want to achieve - your most cherished dream?

Supriya: Well, few years from now I see myself sitting on an isolated island, surrounded by the people I cherish and writing on a Mac-book! 


The island would not be isolated then!

Supriya: Haha! At least I won't have the world around to disturb me unnecessarily. I want to design my life in such a creative way, that it has a perfect blend of fame, money, peace of mind, love, creativeness, and serenity!


What's the side of you that public never sees?

Supriya: Well, I am going to tag this question as my favourite!

When people interact with me for the first time, no doubt they just consider me an ordinary lay girl, with zero creativity and a bashful head! 

 But the way world thinks is just like a heady wine for me. The more they discourage me,, the more my soul gets intoxicated to creativity. Their keen perspective, gives me a chance to discover the undiscovered facts of my life.


That's how all the great creators have turned out to be

Supriya: Exactly! I hope I turn equally great too.


My wishes. Let's move to a rapid fire round which I call Ten10.

Supriya: Thanks. Bring it on.


TEN-10

1) You're proud of ___

The best people in my life 


2) Your role model?

My dad


3) If given a chance, you'd like to spend an afternoon with ___

Margaret Atwood


4) Success is ___ (one word)

A long haul


5) One thing you'd never do

Have never traced the remnants of the people misjudged by me


6) An award/prize/honour you'd like to earn

I wish to earn noble prize for literature someday, but I know that's probably too much. So a Sahitya Akademi award would work.


7) If they were for sale, how much would you spend to buy one Noble?

I guess just a buck would be enough! And that too for the sake of formality; else I may not even pay that if I deserved the award in real sense.


8) One superpower you'd love to have

I wish I had the power to read people's mind


9) One word to describe yourself

Impeccable in my own way I'd say


10) Food you love to indulge in

Rajma rice! I can't tell you how badly I like them. I can even survive on this for the rest of my life. And yes cakes of every kind!!!!!



WHACKY WEIRDOS

Now, just to introduce some humour, I'll ask you 3-4 weird and out-of-the-blue questions.


1) If I gave you an elephant, where would you hide it?

In my garage


2) If you are to take a picture of cheese, what do you think it would say?

Inculpable query. Waise I'd say, hmm, take a photograph of the cheese kept in front of you.


3) What's your favourite pizza topping?

Lots of cheese, with sausage...mushrooms, onion. Olives and pineapples and capsicum should be kept away.


4) Other than this interview, what's the stupidest thing you've ever agreed to do?

This isn't stupid. Taking medical stream in 11th class is the scariest thing I have ever done.



On a Leaving Note 

How do you see yourself as a 'Common' person?

Yes, I am a common person. I walk around the streets just like others do and I talk without avarice of any kind! I love to live my obscured life!


And how do you see yourself as 'Special'?

Sometimes I feel special, because touchwood! The Almighty has given me an entirely perfect life!

I have perfect people around me!



You may contact Supriya on her facebook page
 or follow her on twitter.