Friday, August 10, 2012

Scaling Horizons with Kshitij


In conversation with Kshitij Pandya, a resident of Nadiad, Gujarat. Kshitij is currently working as a software engineer with iGate and aspires to be a successful businessman.  


If the person in the mirror asked you to describe him, how would you reply?

Kshitij: He is an ambitious individual, who will never consider any clutches, any barriers of any sort. He has always dreamed of exploring all that comes his way, and he will definitely do that. He has that courage, that self-confidence to take decisions, including the really tough ones. He doesn't care what he did wrong in the past. He looks back with satisfaction and looks forward with confidence.





There has to be something more profound that has inspired you.

Kshitij: As Rabindranth Tagore says it, "Mujhe aage badhane wala main mere piche hai". It is exactly the same with me. I back my own self. I know myself very well. It comes from within. I know what I deserve and I strive to achieve the same. This is what inspires me. Apart from that, my parents, their ideologies and their footprints on my heart continually provide me that much-needed energy and thrust to move on, come what may.


Wow, you derive a lot of self-energy! Physics would be baffled at such a transfer! Anyways, talking of science, are Science and religion interconnected or are they diametrically opposite?

Kshitij: Science explains the reality regarding the existence of this universe. And I strongly believe that there is some super power that exists in the form of God in our perception. Hence, I will say I don't believe in religions, rather I believe in spirituality. This is what I think about each one of them individually. Talking about their inter-relation, that super-power actually crafted the whole universe and also made some laws, which we study as science. So yes, I feel that there is some inter-relation between them. Maybe someday, someone will prove it.


And you aren't interested in proving it?

Kshitij: Well I don't need to. I believe in it firmly. And till now, I have never doubted His presence.


Moving ahead, what do you do when you are not doing what you regularly do?

Kshitij: I think a lot. About the perspective future plans, potential businesses, etc. And when I am not doing that really interesting work, I either involve myself with the day job or prepare for CAT or just pass time with friends.


How do you promote yourself as human?

Kshitij: For a long time during my college life, I was involved with an NGO called KADAM, a step ahead to change. That was the beginning. I actually felt great when I did something for the needy in particular and humanity at large. Recently, an idea of starting off a Nature Club has also strike my mind, where people can be trained free of cost about snakes and some other animals, which people kill at sight. This will also save the lives of the animals only few of whose species are dangerous and others are harmless. I am now thinking of ways to start executing it. But I am not sure, when that day will come.


Let's proceed with the rapid fire round. 

TEN 10:

1) You're proud of ___

My lineage.


2) Your role model?

Anyone who achieves an extraordinary success via an un-trodden way.


3) If given a chance, you'd like to spend an afternoon with ___

An afternoon with APJ Abdul Kalam would be ideal.


4) Success is ___ (one word)

A perception.


5) One thing you'd never do

A face-off with my own ethics.


6) An award/prize/honour you'd like to earn

Bharat Ratna.


7) If they were for sale, how much would you spend to buy one?

It's priceless dude!  I can't dare to buy it. It is the pride of India.


8) One superpower you'd love to have

No need of a superpower. I want to be a normal human being.


9) One word to describe yourself

Keen.


And my favourite

10) Food you love to indulge in

After staying at Chennai, definitely Gujarati food.



Moving on to a funnier section,

WHACKY WEIRDOS:

1) What is your favourite colour of socks to wear?

Black. I can wear it for many days without washing.


Eww!
2) What to do if an endangered animal eats endangered plants?

Hmmm, allow it.


3) What is the longest you've gone without a shower?

2 days.


4) If you were a biscuit, which one would you be?

Parle Monaco... They can have so many variants and they are very light.


5) Why am I asking you these questions?

Just to publish on the blog?



On a Leaving Note


How do you see yourself as a 'Common' person?
One who lives on soil and aspires to touch the sky.

And how are you 'Special'?

I follow the inner voice. I hear it and also bring it to action. That's the thing special to me.


You may connect with Kshitij on facebook or on his personal e-mail