Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting Geeky with Dhaval Mehta

Infamous for his pun, Dhaval A Mehta (or DAM as popularly known) is an electronics engineer residing in Ahmedabad. He works as a software professional with TCS.

Ready?
Dhaval: Yeah; but I am not going to use the cliche: "I was born ready!"

Well, how will you describe Dhaval Mehta?
Dhaval: Enthusiastic, curious, introvert and passionate about Electronics. Also, a person who sometimes tries to be funny     .

How does your typical day pass?
Dhaval: Working on the day job, thinking about something and watching lots of movies!



What do you think about?
Dhaval: Well it changes from time to time; it can be anything from "how to interface an accelerometer with a PIC controller" to "which movie I am going to watch next?" Right now, I was thinking how is this interview going. I can be REAL GEEK sometimes!

Can be Real? Is there something different?
Dhaval: Not literally.

And illiterately?
Dhaval: I can get geeky to some extent as they show in The Big Bang Theory.

You seem to be a lot influenced by movies and TV series. Have they taken you over?
Dhaval: In the last one or two years, yes; because that is what I do whenever I have a single free moment.

What about life outside the screen?
Dhaval: Well that life is completely boring for me and I think I have brought that on myself. But I am contented with it.

Really? Joining the facts, it reveals that you've an underground lab, is it?
Dhaval: Well I hope that one day I'll have one, but not right now. So the world is safe for some time!

So you'd be a virtual batman rather than hang out with girls?
Dhaval: Of course not! People think it that way, but it's not true. I would like some company, but I don't have one and don't seem to find one.....

Don't you feel awkward or are made to feel so certain times?
Dhaval: Yes, especially when I am talking to girls.

Ha ha! That's not so uncommon with geeks. May I know the rationale behind that gauche feeling?
Dhaval: I think the reasons are lack of experience and lacking the guts to take initiative combined with my introvert nature.

Then a lot of pranks may have been played on you! Do you have remembrance of any in particular?
Dhaval: There are not much pranks played on me, but I remember this one. When I was little (around 13-14 years old), I was very much afraid of the dark. So one day, when me and my brother were alone at home, he went out and just waited there for 10 minutes. When I went out to check his whereabouts, he appeared suddenly and scared me out of hell. I was so scared that I caught a fever that night. I was equally afraid of earthquake and ghosts.

I guess you are the one who is scarier now!
Let's hope this rapid fire round doesn't scare you.

TEN 10

1) If given a power to change something, which aspect of your life would it be?
My mind.

2) What is the most proud moment of your lifetime?
I finished my 7th semester project with 95%.

3) Name a quality of you that you admire.
My ability to think
   
4) Name a quality of you that you disgust.
I am chaos-phobic.

5) If allowed without restrictions, one thing you'd do.
Don't sleep for few days.

6) Life is __ (one word).
Clueless.

7) You have a weakness for __
Money.

8) Who is your role model?
I don't have a role model. I would want to follow footsteps of some people, but I don't have a role model.

9) One word to describe yourself.
Geek.

10) Your favourite food
Anything with cheese.


WHACKY WEIRDOS:

1) When the aliens land on earth, why will you be the first person they would talk to?
Because I'd have invited them.

2) What do you see when you turn off the lights
The inside of my dark mind.

3) What treatment would you seek if you were addicted to therapy?
I would continue a therapy till I am bored of therapies and get over it OR would hire an ugly therapist!

4) Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
I am living in a world with no hypothetical situations.

5) That was a hypothetical question.
So was my answer!

6) How many of your socks have a hole in it?
Well, I haven't noticed yet. I'll have to check it and the same goes about my underwear!


On a Leaving Note

How do you see yourself as a 'Common' person?
I have two eyes, a nose and a few limbs. I eat, sleep, study and spend money.

And how do you see yourself as 'Special'?
I guess when it comes to thinking, I am not the same as 'common'.


You can get in touch with Dhaval on facebooklinked in or his personal blog.